Wednesday 11 November 2009

An afternoon with Jarvis

Back from London/Bath/Swindon now, and what a fantastic few days it was too. I spent an afternoon in a freezing old warehouse watching Jarvis Make An Exhibition Of Himself - which involved pole dancing - for The National (see below). I played Wii Sports Resort until ungodly hours. I renewed a love for 808 State's ex:el after happening across it in my brother's CD collection. I spent a lovely hour with Samantha Harvey in Bath talking about her beautiful book The Wilderness - and then ended up wandering around my old haunts. I completely agree with Jonathan Glancey about the mock Georgian streets they've dropped onto the admittedly knackered old bus station. And finally, I landed in another old haunt - Swindon! - for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Area Quarter Final. Blimey, what a rubbish game. But it didn't matter, we are the famous Norwich City and we're going to Wemberleee (maybe... the JPT site had Swindon winning. There wasn't that much fog...).

Anyway, hope some of you enjoy the Jarvis piece. It was a very bizarre afternoon...


Uncommon man

Arts & Life
11 Nov 2009

A deserted, half-derelict side street on the fringes of the City of London at lunchtime. The kind of unremarkable road people pass by every day without a second glance. But today, there’s something different in the air. There’s music coming from behind...read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment